Friday, December 14, 2012

Now that I'm done with (and have passed!) thesis...

1. You can expect a lot more blog posts.  I have ideas brewing again, finally.

2. If you want to read my thesis, you can do so here: http://scholarship.claremont.edu/scripps_theses/139

3. If you don't want to read my thesis, you should still read my acknowledgements, because I enjoyed writing them.

*****



I would like to say thank you to everyone who helped me write this thesis.

First, to my readers, Professors Matt Delmont and Mary Cardenas, for their support and encouragement in this process, and for reminding me at optimal moments that my thesis wasn’t about to write itself.

To the unofficial readers who were willing to dive into my paper and provide me useful feedback just to help a friend: Jake, Nina, Amanda, Emily, Mariam, Mom, Tyler, Greg and Rachel.  It wouldn’t have gotten to this point without your ideas and advice.

To Scott and Jacob, for stress relieving pun breaks, breaded cats, and general suitemate love whenever I needed it.

To Cecily and Josh, because it isn’t a party without you.

To Grant, for warding off my writers block and always making me laugh.  I’m glad you got over your fear of hurdles, and I hope you can find your watch in time.

To Dave, because even though you weren’t around to see me write a thesis, I know you would have been rooting for me the whole way.

And finally, to my parents, not only for believing in me, but reminding me that I have plenty of reasons to believe in myself.  Thank you for all of your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment