Sunday, May 1, 2011

There's always something there to remind me...

It seems as though the hardest habits to break are those which involve a habit of thinking about something.  As soon as I think about my goal not to think about something, possibly commending myself on how well I'm doing, I am thinking about the thing which I am trying not to think about it.

I'm trying.  In the interest of not wallowing in misery and giving myself time to think on more positive subjects.  In the interest of not dwelling on the things that anger me.  Mostly, though, in the interest of forgiving and forgetting (because when someone has changed, it is time to forget).

Because of the last reason, I am especially frustrated when something comes up which reminds me of these things which I wish not to think of... especially common on the internet... and just when I was actually doing well, I have to get back in a state of mind to forget what I started thinking about.

My hope is that, at some point, I'll learn not to care, and finally be able to forget... not just forgive.

In other (now more important) news, I'm going to stare at my computer until Obama's announcement about Osama bin Laden being dead comes on the live feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment