Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I must have been a demon child.

I was flipping through some old spiral-bound notebooks, and found one with "journal entries" dated from what should be my 4th grade year (they were obviously a class assignment).  I had to share a couple samples.  Spelling and grammar are the original...

"I am writing about the best behaved class in world.  They woud not move inless they where told to.  They woud not tak.  They whoud do there work on time. They whod be perfiect." (Nevermind not being allowed to move.  I made a their/there/they're error... gasp!)

"Over the long weekend I did the same thing each day." Boring! "I had a friend over and went to a dogs house with my friend. ... And on Saturday I got told I might be adle to babie sit the dogs." Is it sad if I still remember how excited I was about that?

"Yesterday was so fun.  I swam for 3 hours.  The swiming pool gives out kick bords.  There is also a 'becah with pool water.' It is rellay fun. I had a lot of fun yesterday." Apparently I hated my life.

"The flight to Arasona was not fun. It was saposto (!!!) take off at 6:00 but when we goton we had to wait 4 hours intill they siad the plane was not going to fly." I remember this well.  They told us they couldn't fly the plane because the trash can lids in the lavatory weren't sealing correctly, which was a fire risk: should the paper towels catch fire, they needed an air tight seal to put the fire out... such bull. "We had to wait intill 11:00 to take off.  We did not get to the hotel intill 3:00 in the morning.  That flite was not fun." What I don't mention is that I was awake at 7 the next morning.  Without an alarm clock.  Begging my dad to get me breakfast and run around the hotel with me.  I wish I could pull that off now...

"At the picnic I met alot of cosens." I wonder what that would look like... "Most of them I did not even know egxsted" Well, when I couldn't spell, I perservered...

"I am going to a friend's house.  I will go at 6:00 and come home at 9:00.  It will be fun.  I am going for her birtday party.  The funny thing is, her party is only one hour long.  I'm going to a friends house." ...

"Sunday I went to a swiming party. They had an infateble octopus. I was the first one on it. The funny thing is the birthday girl did not go on."

Suddenly it switches to cursive...

"On Sunday I went fishing.  All I chaut was seaweed and a few sticks.  On monday I went fishing agian. That time we lost a rooster tail. I got my hook caught a lot of rocks."

"On the weekend my cat acted weirder than ever.  The only place she slept was on a newespaper.  The newspaper was on a banket.  The blanket was on a Futon.  My cat was relly wired."  Not sure why I found this noteworthy...

So, I still want to know why I felt well behaved students shouldn't move.  I've always been fidgety.  I can't imagine not being allowed to shift my legs without being told to...

No comments:

Post a Comment