Monday, June 27, 2011

I play Minecraft, and have an internship in my spare time.

My mom and I got in an argument about what it means to have a "really long day".  To her, it means having nothing to do, so the day goes by really slowly.  To me, it means having so much to do that at the end of the day, you don't remember the first thing you did that morning.  Which was the kind of day I had... every day last week.

Take Wednesday, for example.  I had an interview in the morning, and then had to take my grandma to two doctor's appointments.  When I got home, I started looking around for a veterinarian because my cat was sick.  I called one I'd been happy with in the past (an exotic pet vet that doesn't treat cats) and got a recommendation.  Called them, made an appointment for the next day.  Dinner and whatever, then went to a friends house to watch Spanish soap operas for a while.  As I pulled out of her driveway, I was thinking "I have to wake up early tomorrow.  Second day in a row.  Why did I have to wake up early today?"

Thursday was the same way, with more surprises.  Vet appointment, work, get to work and my car is steaming.  Figure out what the problem is, call shop, call another shop, drive car to shop, walk home a half an hour on the phone with a friend, worry about my cat, then... other stuff I guess.  I don't remember much else, really...

By Friday my car was fixed, my cat's blood tests came back... normal.  So I have a healthy cat and a healthy car and I'm dead tired.  Doesn't leave much interesting to talk about, really.  Maybe tomorrow I'll remember what I wanted to post about before I got distracted by Minecraft...

No comments:

Post a Comment