Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Knitting is a Knotty Activity

(Macrame is even worse)

I wanted to share... thanks to the generosity of someone I'd pretty much just met, I know have a fresh load of yarn to work with.

It was a usual church Wednesday, I was crocheting and feeling a little self-conscious about it because we had someone new at the service and she was sitting right behind me.  A ways into the service, I turn around and notice that she's crocheting too.  I guess I didn't need to be worried.

Anyways, we got to talking about yarn and she confessed to being a yarn hoarder, saying she had several bags of yarn she hadn't touched in years, if I wanted them.

Of course I wanted them!  Not that I need yarn, but I'm a yarn hoarder myself and looking forward to some fun projects which basically require me to have a lot of random scraps of yarn (read: rugs), so getting some fresh yarn injected into my supplies will help a lot.

Anyways, here's my new wealth of yarn.

Three grocery bags full.  The bag in the back has shoes in it..

The extremely tangled bit, post untangling.  Lots of little scraps.
Also, the blue in the background is "Quick and Easy Chunky" yarn.  :)

The full collection of new yarn, plus some new crochet hooks!

Stay posted for a host of new, exciting projects!  I'm about to finish a narwhal... and once school ends, I'll be in rugs, weird pillow creatures and maybe a scarf.  Oh, and yarnbombing Grant's house.

Sometime in the future, when I have spare money to spend on new yarn, I'll have to find myself a college student with a love for knitting and crocheting and pay it forward with a nice supply.  Random acts of yarn for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment