Sunday, July 14, 2013

Happy things, Week 2

This has been a pretty good week.  A few hitches, as always happens, but a lot to be happy about.
  1. I got a job!  A part time job promoting Puget Sound Energy's Green Power program, which is a program where Puget Sound Energy customers can sign up to pay more and know their energy is coming from renewable sources (PSE is audited by a third party to ensure that they actually are buying as much renewable energy as their clients pay for.)  While it's only part time, it is doing exactly what I want to be doing: educating the public about the importance of sustainability and helping them achieve it.
  2. A free electric toothbrush from the dentist, my reward for telling him repeatedly that I'd use one as soon as he gave me one (don't try this at home?  I've been going to the same dentist for 20 years, and my parents for even longer)
  3. Plenty of fun physical activity: a high ropes course, paddleboarding, walking an adorable dog, hiking on trails near my house that I didn't know existed.
  4. Plenty of spending time with good friends who I don't see often enough (breakfast dates are the best).
  5. Finally: last night was the MEOW Cat Shelter Auction.  It's always a really fun event, John Curley is a hilarious auctioneer, and a lot of money went to an organization that I really strongly care for.  Plus... it's always fun when celebrities talk to you (even if it's just John Curley, and it's just "thanks for coming" as you walk by him).
I've even kept up with breaking in my hiking boots mostly.  I'm going camping next week so hopefully they're good and broken in by now, or else hiking won't be as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment