Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hopefully I get the job

If I don't, I'll have way too much time on my hands all summer.

You know that trick where you pull the tablecloth out from under the place settings and the dishes remain on the table, undisturbed?  Just pulled my shirt out from under my cat.  He was disturbed...

I was at the library today, mostly because I was driving by after an unsuccessful visit to the cat shelter (I really needed to get out of the house).  While perusing the CD collection (because seriously, who reads?)  I noticed an older (60ish) white woman and a black teenager talking about math.  They had some graphs of parabolas in front of them.

"Oh that's nice" I thought.  "He's having trouble in math, so she's tutoring him."  I wondered how they'd connected as I wandered out of earshot, still aimlessly perusing music.

When I got back down to their end of the shelves, I started half-interestedly listening to their conversation.  It sounded like they were discussing integrals or some such nonsense.  I heard him say something, and she responded "So, I'm trying to find the area above the x-axis?"  He said yes.

Double-take.  I guess he's tutoring her in math.

You know what they say.  Assuming makes an ass out of you and Ming.  Poor Ming.

In other news, I should find out about the job tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.  Sitting on pins and needles.  Trying to think about how happy I'll be if I get the job, not how sad I'll be if I don't.  Oh God, please make this day pass faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment